Saturday, February 15, 2014

SnapIt!! (Marina Bay Blue Hour - 15 Feb 2014)

As promised in previous post, I would post the blue hour shot near the Marina Bay Shopping area. Here's the shot. Enjoy!!

Distance

Right after arriving at the destination, I started looking at different locations for the shot. I photographed the Central Business District (CBD) before. But I was looking for different composition and location. I thought maybe it will look very different if I were to move further from it. We decided to walk towards the Helix Bridge. I keep looking back to check if I had found the right location. When we passed through this place, I saw the the Art Museum on the left and the Marina Bay Shopping on the right. Then I got the sudden idea of viewing the CBD from the gap between the Art Museum and Marina Bay Shopping. I stopped for awhile and looked back. My position is a bit out to get the CBD in between the two. I need to move towards the Art Museum a little bit more. But I saw the "No Entry" sign. I entered anyway. And when I recomposed the scene again, I said "Yes, this is it. Perfect!".



I gave the title of the shot "Distance". I learned that photographing an object need not to be close. Sometimes when we are too close to something, we are not able to appreciate its beauty. Similar to life, we may not be able to appreciate things which are close to us until one day they no longer near us. Enjoy the weekend and appreciate all things near us!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment