Friday, February 14, 2014

SnapIt!! (Singapore Flyer - 15 Feb 2014)

Yay! It's weekend again. As usual, photography time.

This morning, it was blue hour and sunrise shoot. We spent an hour or two last night to plan the route for this morning shoot.

The location we picked is Marina Bay Sands shopping area for blue hour shots and area around Singapore Flyer and Garden by the Bay for some sunrise shots.

We woke up at 4:50am to catch the first train as we need about 1 hour to travel. We reached Bayfront at around 6:30am. Perfect for some blue hour shots at Marina Bay Sand shopping area. I took some shots at different locations from my previous night shoot there. I am keeping the blue hour shots for later posts.

Around this time of the year, sunrise in Singapore should be at 7:15am. However, at around 7:10am, we did not see the orange light in the sky. The weather is kind of cloudy on one side and the wind is quite strong, and I thought this is it. It could be another unlucky day to catch the sun.

Moving from the shopping area, we were thinking to move to Garden by the Bay or the Singapore Flyer side to try our luck. For sunrise, we wont have the time to cover both area as it was a quite distance apart. We picked Flyer side and I am glad I did that. When we reached the location at about 7:30am, the sun just came out and it was showing full shape with little cloud in the sky.

Morning breeze is refreshing and I wanted to add that feel to the shot. I saw few coconut trees on the side. The wind blowing, the leaves are moving and I thought "this is perfect to add to the shot to represent breeze". And we settled at this location not too far from the trees. From this position, Flower Dome on the opposite side is fully visible. I zoomed all the way to 11mm to include it in the shot. We spent about 20 minutes there before the sun was too high and too difficult to shoot without filters.

From experience I had when shooting sunrise at hometown, this time I observed closely the histogram. I was adjusting the shutter speed and observing the histogram at the same time. Great experience and I think it is a great shot.

As I wanted to keep the feel of sunrise and morning breeze in the shot, I did not add much effects during the post processing in Photoshop. Here's the result. Enjoy!!

NB: Observe the new watermark.. ^&^


No comments:

Post a Comment